Friday, April 15, 2011

So not everything got fixed in one week... Ok fine.

Woo hoo! And we're off to show season! First entry sent in and pony off to boot camp. Now I have 2 weeks to memorize my dressage test and to somehow miraculously find underwear that doesn't give me a line under my white breeches... Yeah, enter at A, X halt salute is going to be much easier.

I think we're all getting a little wound up around the barn knowing that game day is coming up. The theme of Thursday's lessons was the super useful phrase "I Can't." I think it was used in 3 lessons in row, including my own mid-lesson temper tantrum. It's hard when everything is going so well and then all of a sudden there's a bad day. Kelso's been so amazing all week and I was not expecting such a fight right off the bat. He was really resistant to the contact and feeling so heavy in my hands. I get tired and then go back to bad habits... when he gets one over on me and we're both out of balance it's so hard to put it all back together. Luckily by the end of it we got it and we were back to the place we'd been in all week. If anything stood out to me it's that my own expectations have increased quite a bit. I know what to look for now and I'm not taking anything less, even when it's hard!

Now it's up to Jenny to get it together out on cross country... Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment