Sunday, April 3, 2011

Learning to find comfort in uncomfortable places

Such a good ride today in my lesson. To be sitting up with quiet hands and having Kelso reaching under himself and be that light and that forward really felt like an accomplishment. All I wanted to figure out was how to ride this horse and I finally feel like I might be getting there. We've got a lot of work to do yet but it feels manageable. It's just about making every step count, not giving up or giving in, knowing I'm on the right track and pushing my boundaries. Take it to 100% today because that bar is always moving and you'll never get there if you're not willing to follow it. It's so inspiring to feel the potential in my horse, to get little glimpses of what we can do together and to feel like we're partners. Our goals this week are to push ourselves outside of our comfort zone... go for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment