Monday, February 7, 2011

For the Love

Q: What would you change about eventing?

Jimmy: I think I would try and keep eventing as it is, without losing the amateurish spirit. AMATEURISH has two meanings - it means clumsy, ill-formed, ill-practiced, unskilled. It also means an activity that is done for the love of the thing rather than for the recompense. I think we are developing the skill part of the sport, but I would hate to see eventing lose the other part, just the sheer joy of being connected with horses.


"The sheer joy of being connected with horses."

No matter what kind of ride, what kind of day, what happens in the ring, whose watching, or what the final outcome is, I consider myself extremely lucky that I get to be connected to these beautiful animals.

- Jimmy Wofford interview from Samantha L Clark blog first published on Eventing Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment