Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eventing Nation VS. Facebook

Its official, I now check EN before looking at Facebook. My transformation to adult horse nerd is complete. I am so inspired by EN that I have done the following over the last 3 months:
1. start to get irritated that I couldn't ride when its 10 Degrees outside (I used to welcome it as a break from the guilt of not being able to get to the barn as much as I should)
2. have myself convinced that it WOULD indeed be plausible to move to Aiken for 3 months out of the year, live the lifestyle, complete with a nanny for my kids and horse shows every weekend.
3. Start to focus on dressage as a means to an end, rather then an a chore to work on between jump schools

Obviously horses have now taken over the majority of my life since I am opting to read about people I have only seen pictures of over the "social experience" of facebook. I would rather dream about riding a cross country course at an ACTUAL event (yes, its true, I have never truly evented) then hear about what someone I went to highschool with did over the weekend. Weird. Show season 2011, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. After the snowstorms in Aiken my fantasy moved even further south... As in Ocala. Or West Palm Beach cuz the polo players are so cute. This fantasy mostly crops up when the slobber on my bit freezes in between the short time its out of Kelso's mouth and into my locker.

    ReplyDelete