Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Clinic With Kelso!

This afternoon I'm packing up to go to Otter Creek Farm for a dressage clinic with Brad Cutshall. It's mine and Kelso's first big adventure together. I'm excited but nervous that I'll forget something, won't have something I'm supposed to have, look crazy..... etc. It feels like a first big step on my quest to become A Real Horseperson- not just someone who can stay on the back of a horse over a couple jumps and make it through walk, trot, and canter. I'm sure years from now, when I have my well worn and much edited laminated checklists and my bins full of prepacked show gear I'll have forgotten this feeling (or will look back and laugh at my many mistakes!) but for now it's a really fun mix of excitement and anxiety!

Wish me luck... I'm sure I'll have a sore body, a tired horse and lots to report!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're writing this Jessi! it's fun to read and keep up on how you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete